Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Wedding Wednesday

I always thought I knew exactly what I wanted for my wedding, but since MK proposed I have become so indecisive. I remember envisioning my wedding with lots of pink. Which would be an obvious guess by any of my family or friends. After looking at numerous color pallets I just can seem to decide & surprisingly not all of them include pink!

Possible Color Choices 
Option 1- Pink & Green 
With pink being my favorite color and green making it very Lilly like... I just love this option.
Option 2- Navy & Yellow
Some were surprised I am considering colors schemes that don't have pink. I just can't seem to rule it our just yet. The way the yellow pops on the navy just makes me smile. 
Option 3- Pink & Navy
I starting thinking of this combination when the navy really started growing on me. I also get to use pink which would be such a typical color choice for me. MK also loves navy!
Option 4- Turquoise & Yellow
Very out of the ordinary for me. Again I like how the yellow really pops out. It just looks so great with the turquoise. Then the guys could wear a light grey suit which is MK's second choice. 

Help any suggestions? 



18 Sweet Comments:

The Brunette Suburbanite said... [Reply]

All your color palette options sound nice. The pink and green or pink and navy palettes are my favorite. Good luck and have fun planning your wedding! =)

Katy said... [Reply]

I love the pink & green! Bright colors are my favorite. Hope you are having a wonderful week. Congrats on your engagement!

[ keep calm & blog on ] xo Katy

Fash Boulevard said... [Reply]

love this. Super happy I found your blog. I'm a new follower, I hope you will as well. I started my blog a little over a month ago. It's all about celebrity fashion from the point of view of an LA stylist. Stop by to see multiple post a day on all the latest celebrity fashion news and check out pictures from the fall/winter preview I attended yesterday in Beverly Hills. Would love your support. xoxo

www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

Miss Southern Prep said... [Reply]

I LOVE the pink and green! If you use those as your wedding colors, you have to make your fiance wear a Lilly bow tie!

Mrs. Kindergarten said... [Reply]

Ohhhhh, the pink and green just made me giddy!
How very fun! I just found your blog today.
Very cute!

Love,
Mrs. Kindergarten

cAc said... [Reply]

Oh my word! I love the pink and green AND the pink and navy!!!! Plan my wedding please??? These are adorable choices!

Sundresses and Smiles said... [Reply]

I like pink and navy! The navy gives it a bit of a masculine touch! So glad you commented on my blog so I could find yours! I'm now following!

Molly said... [Reply]

I like pink and navy! I did a darker pink/fuschia with green at my wedding (November) and it worked perfectly for the Fall. Isn't all the planning so much fun?!

Elizabeth said... [Reply]

Thanks for visiting my blog Life with Elizabeth yesterday! I'm a new follower of yours and am super excited we'll be able to share wedding planning ideas!

I love all your color options. The pink and navy is definitely my favorite though! I just love this color combination!

Town and Country Prep said... [Reply]

Hi there! New follower and I had to vote for pink and green!!! I also like the navy and pink...cute combo too.

Toesthattwinkle! said... [Reply]

I love all the options. You could add a third color into a color scheme. yellow pink and navy would be great! Im torn since I love yellow accents at wedding and I love pink and everything lilly!

Leslie @ A Blonde Ambition said... [Reply]

I am loving ALL of the options you posted here! I've had such a hard time deciding on a color palette too! I think I'm still going to incorporate a lot of pink, but I want some different accent colors!

~Courtney~ said... [Reply]

Thanks for the follow by the way! I love wedding planning. I like the navy and yellow but that turquoise and yellow is really cool! I haven't seen that scheme as much. I guess it all depends on when and where your wedding is. I guess I will have to read more of your blog.

Hannah said... [Reply]

Hey! I'm actually engaged too and soon to be married 20-something haha. My fiance and I actually chose navy, robins egg blue and coral (a pink!). That's my vote :)

lovelittlegems.com

Lindsey Leigh said... [Reply]

My vote is pink and navy

Beth Dunn said... [Reply]

I like them ALL!
xoxo
SC

Dandy said... [Reply]

NAVY AND PINK!!!!!!!!!!

love love, so preppy but not everyone does it!


xoxooxoxoxo
http://www.justdandy.org

soanthro said... [Reply]

I just discovered this preppy British store, Jack Wills (http://www.jackwills.com), whose signature colors are pink and navy-- you should check them out for inspiration if you go with that color scheme!