Tuesday, July 12, 2011

My Mom's wedding dress!

Bridal Talk Tuesday! (:

Soon after I got engaged...[engagement post]
It was time for Thanksgiving break. It was a great time to forget about nursing school and let the engagement settle in! Over the break my mom had a nice idea to pull out her wedding dress for me to try on for her and my grandma. I am not wearing my mom's wedding dress, but it was a great memory to spend time with her and my grandma. <3







We had so much fun! It does not look quite the same, but it does look great after all these years.
Are you going to wear or try on your moms wedding dress? 

Happy Tuesday everyone 

15 Sweet Comments:

Gracie Beth said... [Reply]

My mother was about 105 lbs when she got married so I don't think her dress is really an option for me.

Elizabeth said... [Reply]

Thanks for linking up! I'm loving this post! How fun to try on your mom's dress. I'm sure this was a special moment for her and your grandmother!

I'm going to wear my own dress but I've seen wonderful photos of brides who wear their mom's gowns or who wear them for the ceremony and change into a new gown for the reception.

Jess said... [Reply]

I tried on my Mom's wedding dress and welp, it looks a lot like your Moms. However, I did want to incorporate her dress or veil into my wedding day attire. I toiled with the idea of taking her dress to a designer to make it a short party dress to put on at the reception, but nixed it to change up the veil. I'm now wearing parts of my Mom's veil on my big day.

Amanda said... [Reply]

I wish I could at least try my mom's on. She "left it at the cleaners" after her wedding and never picked it up. But she did save her vail, so maybe I'll at least get to try that.

Savannah said... [Reply]

That is so sweet! You have such a beautiful family! Congrats on your engagement!

The Rheinlander's said... [Reply]

How cute... would love to see a pic of your mom in it too : )
Stopping in from BSN to say hello : )
~Melissa

Patricia said... [Reply]

Gorgeous!
Found your blog button on the sidebar of Blogaholic. Thought I would come by and say hello and check out you beautiful blog.

http://itsabouttimemamaw.blogspot.com/
http://itstimetoreadmamaw.blogspot.com/

Bless Your Heart said... [Reply]

you look lovely! what a special moment :) p.s. thanks for guest posting today!

sweetsouthernhearts.blogspot.com

Lindsay said... [Reply]

love your cute blog! and love your moms dress...maybe you should reconsider and wear it! :)

Sunny & Star said... [Reply]

I love that you tried on your moms dress. That was so sweet!

We are hosting a Pamper Yourself Giveaway. Please stop by and enter.

http://sunnydaystarrynight.blogspot.com/2011/07/pamper-yourself-giveaway.html

Tammy♥ said... [Reply]

How cute!! I bet it made your mom and grandma proud! I just started following your blogs today. Hope you don't mind. Thanks!

Hannah said... [Reply]

Such a sweet memory! It has been years, but I've tried on my Mom's dress, too.

You're the winner of my Lydia and Pugs giveaway!!! I've already notified Dawn, so you can contact me and I'll give you her email. Congrats!!

Miss Lindsay said... [Reply]

I bet that was fun!!! It's like playing dress up :)

Rebecca said... [Reply]

So beautiful! SO happy I stumbled across your blog and found such a lovely site to follow =]
I hope you have a blessed marriage!!!

PinkPolkadotAA said... [Reply]

Oh, I am sure that was a special moment for you and your Mom and your Grandmother! You look beautiful and I am sure you will look absolutely gorgeous on your big day :)