- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) regular marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- Red and Yellow (To make orange) & Green food coloring
- White frosting
- Tootsie Rolls
- We made our treats using the microwave, which worked out to be very convient. My clinical group and I ended up making over 50 pumpkins and the nurses LOVED them!
Here is how we did it!
- First we put the butter and marshmallows in a microwave-safe bowl, and placed it in the microwave for 3 minuets on high, stirring after 2 minutes. After the full 3 minuets was done we mixed in the food coloring to make the mixture orange.
- HINT: Once you add the rice crispys the color
- will lighten, so be sure to make it a darker orange.
Once we had a nice orange color, we added the rice crispy cereal and mixed it until the cereal looked well coated. Then it was time to make the pumpkins! We just pulled some out of the bowl and molded it to be a round ball and placed a tootsie roll in the center.
HINT: Let the mixture cool a little bit
before you being to mold your pumpkins.
To add the leaves, we used food coloring to make green icing. Then we put the icing into a plastic bag, pushing all the icing to one corner. To make the leaves we cut a small hole in the corner of the bag and pushed the icing out.
If you make any fall treats leave me a comment with your link! I would love to see them!